The Lauria/Frasca Poetry Prize was conceived to promote the literature of the Italian diaspora and is open to poets of Italian descent writing poetry in English. The winning poet will be awarded $1000 and Bordighera Press will publish the manuscript, along with a standard royalty contract. Two finalists will be featured in a future issue of VIA: Voices in Italian Americana.
Quality poetry in any style and on any theme is sought.
- Original English work only; no translations.
- Manuscripts will be judged anonymously. Do not include your name anywhere in your manuscript file or file name. Only provide your contact info in your Submittable profile and cover letter. Any manuscript with identifying information will be removed from consideration.
- All manuscript pages must be numbered and include the title of the poem.
- The completed manuscript should range from 48 – 70 pages (on standard 8.5 x 11 inch paper, 12 pt Times New Roman, single-spaced except between stanzas with no more than one poem to a page though a poem may run on to more than one page).
- Poems included in the submission may have appeared in literary magazines, journals, anthologies, or other such collections. Include an acknowledgments page, if applicable.
- Poems previously published in a single-author book should not be included.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted; please notify us immediately should a manuscript be accepted for publication elsewhere.
- Electronic submissions through Submittable only.
- Entry Fee: $20.
- Multiple manuscripts may be submitted; each manuscript must be accompanied by a separate entry fee.
- Authors who have previously published full length works with Bordighera Press are not eligible.